About Portland’s Pearl District
Slip on your walking shoes, engage your senses and prepare to experience Portland’s Pearl District. The tree-lined streets—dotted with mixed-use high and low rises, boutiques and bistros—beg to be explored. Discover the pleasant blend of historic and modern architecture, cobblestone streets, unique parks and vibrant public art throughout the district. Savor the smell of hops from local breweries and the exquisite aroma of baking pastries wafting through district streets. Sample cuisines from around the globe and shop in Portland’s finest boutiques.
Drink in the sights and sounds of First Thursday, an evening gallery walk in the Pearl District on the first Thursday of every month. Join the teeming crowds as they spill in and out of art galleries onto the scene-filled streets of the neighborhood. Stroll the art fair on 13th Avenue—a swirling sea of street performers, live music, dance troupes and onlookers—or grab a coveted patio seat and soak in the view. Enjoy a show at the Gerding Theater, located in the historic Portland Armory. Take in a performance by Portland Center Stage, the City’s leading professional theater group and one of the 25 largest regional theater groups in the country. Tour the theater and learn about its dramatic preservation and green building design. Discover its unique marriage of history, sustainability and the arts, which makes the Portland Armory a fitting symbol of the Pearl District.
Immerse yourself in urban culture and experience art as life and life as art every day of the week. Shop, dine and unwind in the Pearl District, a neighborhood that will engage your mind and captivate your imagination.
About Pearl District Weddings
The Pearl District is the perfect destination to plan and host your wedding. Exceptional shopping, dining and services are conveniently located in a picturesque urban setting. Spend the day or the weekend strolling the neighborhood and discover why it’s evolving into the Pacific Northwest’s most popular wedding destination.
- An eclectic mix of wedding and ceremony sites sets the perfect backdrop for your wedding. Whether it’s stylish and sustainable or elegant and refined, the Pearl District offers distinctive venue options for modern weddings.
- Over 65 home furnishings merchants are available to create your personalized bridal registry.
- Sophisticated boutiques offer custom jewelry, bridal gowns, stationery and other wedding-related accessories.
- The City’s top hair, beauty and spa professionals will help you look and feel beautiful.
- Innovative floral, menu and event designers are available to create the wedding of your dreams.
- Guest accommodations are available at chic hotels within walking distance of the neighborhood.
Perfectly Pearl | a modern bridal event
On February 28, Perfectly Pearl will showcase the specialty goods, services and venues that make the Pearl District the ideal place to plan and host your wedding. From stylish and sustainable to refined and elegant, Perfectly Pearl is definitively modern.
Speak with high-end retailers and learn the latest wedding and registry trends. Preview designer gowns, custom jewelry and more in the interactive fashion show. Enjoy food and drink from the finest caterers and restaurants. Bid on fabulous gifts in the silent auction.