Here’s a little exciting dish for brides who want a wedding reception with unique flavor. Andina Restaurant, a well-known Peruvian hot spot has opened an event space called Tupai.
Tupai features a dedicated kitchen and full-service bar, and an open space with natural light, exposed brick and Incan-inspired architecture that can be customized for any size or type of event – from intimate dinners and business presentations to cocktail parties and wedding receptions with live music and bar service. Tupai opens for private events beginning March 26, 2008. For a tour of Tupai, please contact Jennifer Clegg at 503-228-9535 x 206.
A Gathering Space
Tupai, borrowed from the Quechua word for “gathering space,” will accommodate up to 60 guests for a seated dinner and 100 guests for a stand-up reception or cocktail party. The menu will feature Andina’s NovoAndean cuisine, which combines traditional flavors and ingredients native to Peru with a global reach that draws from Spanish, Japanese and Cantonese culinary influences. Dishes are prepared using modern technique and presented with finesse and flair. The full bar will deliver both Andina’s classic and NovoAndean cocktails – from the Pisco Sour and Caipirinha to the Sacsayhuamán and Granada de Amor. Wines will be chosen from Andina’s award-winning list with the help of wine director Ken Collura.
Tupai features include:
- Fully stocked cocktail and wine bar
- Dedicated state-of-the-art kitchen
- Mezzanine space for musical performances or VIP seating
- Incan design motifs carved into a backlit floor-to-ceiling wall; hand-made oversized pendants
- Natural elements ranging from natural light to exposed brick, 20 foot ceilings and original wooden beams
- Prix-fixe and custom menus featuring Andina’s nationally recognized NovoAndean cuisine
- High-speed internet access, in-house projection and screens
1314 NW Glisan
Portland, OR 97209