On Saturday, the Perfectly Pearl modern bridal event is hosting a silent auction to benefit Central Portland Families.
What is a silent auction?
Event participants have donated goods or services that will be auctioned to the highest bidder. We will have the items on display at the silent auction gift table. Each item for bid will have a bid sheet and attendees are able to write in their bid. If you’re the last (and subsequently highest) bid, you’re the winner. Proceeds from this auction will benefit Central Portland Families.
Who is Central Portland Families?
Central Portland Families (CPF) believes that families are good for the central city, and the central city is good for families. CPF serves families that live, work and play in Downtown, Central East Side, Northwest Portland, Old Town Chinatown, and The Pearl by developing programs that build community and an advocacy voice for families. This group of unpaid volunteers is a collaborative effort between parents, grandparents, children, business owners and caring neighbors. Since their formation in November 2007, volunteers have created a free weekly indoor play space for all central Portland children, and founded Family First Sunday to connect neighbors. Volunteers are also educating city leaders to understand that all families in central Portland will benefit if the city fulfills their own published plans to use Urban Renewal Area funding to build a community center, childcare and school.
The Fine Print
- The silent auction will open at 11 a.m. and close at 3 p.m.
- Winners will be announced at 3:30.
- If you have a winning bid, you must pay for the item (cash or check) by March 8.
What’s in the Auction?
It’s a pretty darn impressive list, if I do say so myself. Dare I say, this may not even be all of it? Definitely swing by the silent auction gift table and see what’s available and remember that it’s for a great cause.
- Monogrammed personalized stationery by Crane & Co. (Value $375, donated by Ecru Modern Stationer)
- $50 gift certificate to Bay 13 Restaurant.
- Pearl and diamond earrings (Value $200, donated by Judith Arnell)
- A bridal luncheon (Value $500, donated by Fireworks at Lawrence Gallery
- One night stay for two at Hotel Andra in Seattle (Value $339, donated by Oregon Bride Magazine)
- Two-hour boudoir Shoot with 20 page, 2×3 peek-a-boo album (Value $320, donated by Jessica Hill Photography)
- $50 gift certificate to Paragon Restaurant.
- $300 gift certificate donated by Shields Films.
- $300 gift certificate for custom jewelry. Donated by Alchemy.
- Beverly Clark Diamond Knife and Server set. (Value $46.95, donated by New & Blue)
- Engagement Photo Session (Location of your choice within Portland metro area as well as one 8×10 and 8 wallets of the same pose.) (Value $200, donated by Holland Studios)
- 1 Hour of limousine transportation. (Value $350, donated by Hybrid Moon)
- Bubble Pendant necklace with hand-blown hollow glass beads. (Value $79, donated by Magma)
- Personalized Guest Book with Photo (Value $250, donated by Kevin Meyers Photography)
- One dozen jumbo cupcakes (Value $36, donated by Cupcake Jones)
- $50 gift certificate to Wilf’s Restaurant.